Tuesday, January 5, 2010

hold on magnolia, its almost time

here in my room, bags are packed, listening to Sufjan Stevens and that feeling that is becoming so familiar bubbles up from my core and cascades from the crown of my head to form a grin on my face. pure love. excitement. awe. a tear--bliss from the well of life and unity within me--the wonders this life has brought thus far, and all the moments to come.

so its a red-eye to atlanta and a 12 hour layover and onwards to quito. but i am a lucky girl--my uncle has an old friend who lives there and has been kind enough to offer to pick me up and fill my belly with anything other than airport food. he knew my mom as a little girl and im excited to spend a few hours with him. things always seem to work out.

carrying love and happy thoughts of you to the equator,
lala

p.s. and just for fun, check out one of the most beautiful songs i have ever heard, will be on repeat as i sail southerly

4 comments:

  1. I'm having one of those moments you told me about before you left. Oh Glen Hansard, how you reach my heart. I'm in a strange mood today and my mind is wandering, and even though I've listened to his songs so many times, they sound completely different today. Every note seems to touch me in some way that makes me fall into such a serene place and my eyes are full of tears. Not enough to fall... but enough that I know they are there. I just want to run away and fly off somewhere that is completely peaceful. Sigh. Drink tea, write poetry and play with a puppy :) Sounds soooo so love. I wish you a safe and wonderful trip dear friend. Take care of yourself. All my love.

    -L

    ReplyDelete
  2. gaaah i misss you! lets run away together, remember what dan said about our family??? im in if you are in. please send me love and happy thoughts. te amo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I am the lucky one. Meeting you, Laura, was such a singular treat. What a fascinating mind! I am going to enjoy keeping up with your journey here.

    Amy and your Dad (who I do not know) have much to be proud of in raising a young woman like you. You are one of the most interesting people I have met in a long, long time.

    Steve "thejazzmonger"

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for sharing all your kind words steve! i had a lovely time meeting up with you, if only for a few hours. be seein you :)

    ReplyDelete