Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good morning Manali!

Got to Manali around 4:30 this morning, I was pretty sure that we wouldn't find any place open but we met a very nice man named Gudu who drove us out of the city and to the loveliest of guesthouses in Old Manali. It was still dark so we couldn't really see where we were going but he made us some chai and we watched the sunrise from the rooftop. We soon found that we were surrounded by apple trees, mountains, and giggling birds. I spent the day wandering around, visiting some temples, having some clothes made for me:) I really wanted to go walking through the hills today--Gudu said it's totally safe, "No problem at all", but I had a feeling he thinks it's no problem because he is a man. I ended up talking to a couple different women and the consensus was that it's not the best idea to go alone. Tomorrow we will trek!

I think I just uploaded some photos, they might be somewhere on this blog...hmm.

MUAH,
lala

No comments:

Post a Comment